Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Busy Busy



Whoa.  It's been a while.
How have ya'll been?
I really have no excuses as to why I haven't updated.
Only that we've been busy.
But isn't everybody?

I have actually been working on being a little less "busy" around here.
I listened to this talk recently (watch it here or read it here) and it really hit me and made me want to change the way we're living around here.


Why is it so important in our culture to be busy?
To be constantly moving and getting things done?


Years from now, when I look back on my life, I hope to be pleased with the way I spent my time.
I don't think it will matter to me whether I finished all my daily tasks or stayed caught up with my to-do lists.
What will matter is the time I spent with the ones I love, doing the things I love.
Doing the things that are most important.
Serving those around me and building myself into the best me.
The time I was really with my children.
The time I spent making them feel loved.

There are many important things that fill our days and I want to pick the most important.
Yes, things need to be done and the house needs to get cleaned.
Jobs have to be finished and bills need to get paid.
Work has it's place.
I just want to make sure I am not causing myself to be so busy that I am not making enough time for the things that really matter.


In other news...
This little spunky monkey is officially ours.
Forever and ever.
We finalized in court and we went through the temple with our family.
That will all be for another post on another day. Soon.



No comments: