Friday, November 2, 2012

One Proud Mama


You know those days where you feel like you're not doing enough?
Like you could be a better wife/parent/friend?

Well, I have plenty of days like those but today is NOT one them!
My goodness, I've done it.
I am one proud mama today.
Let me start from the top...

Like many other people out there, I hate spiders.
So much.
They give me the heeby jeebies... in an extreme way.
So, obviously, Davey is spider squisher at our house.
When there is a spider, I scream and he squishes. It's worked quite well over the years.

Except....
For when Davey isn't home.

I have to either squish the spider myself (shudder) or run away from it and try to pretend I never saw it... Which then results in me feeling like it's crawling on me for the rest of the day.
Either option isn't really acceptable.

Which brings me to why I am so proud today.
Mason has started squishing spiders for me.
Weird thing is... I think he kinda loves it.
He came running into the room today with my shoe and a smashed spider on the bottom of it.
He was so proud.

And so was I.

 


Victory face. Telling the spider who's boss.



Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics.  I had to document this moment quickly as Mason wanted to immediately flush the spider down the toilet.

Have a fabulous weekend!


4 comments:

Molly said...

That victory face- I just picture him sort of growling/cheering at the same time. He's adorable and this is hilarious. I should totally get Ella to do this.

Cassie said...

oh, I miss that growl. :) what a sweetie. And a tough boy! Perfect shirt, too.

Cassie said...

I love this post.

Amy said...

LOL! this made me laugh!!