Monday, February 27, 2012

"You're Killing Me, Smalls!"


Hello happy readers! I'm Rachel from Blogging is for Lovers and I am delighted to be guest posting. I hope you enjoy!
(that's my family)
(we think we're totally hilarious)

When you hear "heyyyyy youuuuuu guuuuuuuys!" you automatically know the reference - it's from "Goonies". We all have these movies from our childhood that we can quote among friends and there is no fear of that puzzled look that indicates that your joke just did not go over well. Not that I'm familiar with that look or anything. "The Sandlot" is another great one, anything out of Squints' mouth is pure childhood gold.
But then you have your family movies! The best! It seems as though every family has several obscure movies that they can quote amongst themselves that just don't work as effectively in the general public. I guess it's like your own little familial sub culture. That's pretty darn cool.
Here are the go to films for my family's dinner table conversations:
Sandlot
Newsies
3 Ninjas
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
Camp Nowhere
*Mean Girls
Luckily, none of my siblings read my blog so they won't read this post and shriek at their screen about how I missed our favorite one. I'm sure I'm missing one or four movies that we obsessively quote, but how would I know. Anyway, I hope this inspires you to think of your darling family and what constitutes your movies. And if you feel so generous, leave a list for us in the comments - maybe Lizzie's readers will end up falling in love with your movies!
*Mean Girls gets an asterisk to indicate all-star status. That movie is just line after line of quotable treasure.



1 comment:

Aaron S said...

Great guest post, Rachel!

My family's movie list would include such classics as Sandlot, The Princess Bride, UHF, Waiting for Guffman, and pretty much the entire animated Disney library.