Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year


Last week, when 2012 started, I was up to my nose in frustrating cabinet doors and white paint so I resolved to officially start my new year goals when that project was finished. 
One thing at a time.

One thing at a time.

Every year I try to do specific monthly goals because I think for the specific things I want to work on, it's easier to make a 30-day goal rather than a 365-day goal, but here are the things I know I want to work on throughout this year:

Family 
Family Night EVERY week.  
My little family is all together pretty much every night but it's nice to have a designated "Family Night" set aside for us to be together, play games, have a religious lesson or to go out and do something fun.

Health 
I want to feel good and a healthy lifestyle is what makes me feel good. 
5 days/week exercise. 
Less late night ice cream bowls (I said less, not none, we're being realistic here). 
Daily green smoothies.

Faith 
More prayer.
More scripture study. 
More focus on what's really important.
As a family, as a couple and on my own.

Stress Relief 
When my house is messy and unorganized, we're ALL more stressed out.  
This year I plan to focus a lot on organization, finishing projects, and eliminating stress by making so we're waking up to a clean house and not to an overflowing to-do list.

Education 
Read at least 12 books this year. 
Teach my boys specific preschool lessons at least 3 days/week.


 I'm excited to be starting a new year.
Making brand new goals.
Becoming a better me by doing one thing at a time.
I can do this.


Unrelated side note:  Back when we were turning all our adoption papers in we were asked to make a 2-page collage of our family.  Just something that birth families could look at along with all our other information.  I don't think I ever posted them here, so here they are.

click images to enlarge





No comments: