Friday, November 18, 2011

Inside Activities


It's been freezing outside.
So so cold.
I've been trying to think of fun things to do with my boys where we don't have to spend too much time outside.  I can't think of many things that I dislike more than being cold.

On this day we built a fort together, then we played with trains and cars and had snacks inside.



Then we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and we split a chocolaty treat.
We had to do this activity at a time without Davey as he doesn't even like chocolate.
Yes, those people do exist.
I have so many pictures of Jimmy looking at Mason like that.
So cute. Maybe someday I'll round them all up and post them.

Parents, what are you doing with your kids?
Have any fun activity ideas?

Here are a few things from Pinterest that we're planning on doing soon:




P.S.. Have I told you that I'm going to start preschool for my boys. 
By saying "I'm going to start,"  that's just what I mean, I am going to teach them.
I've found some great sources for materials online.
I'll let you know how it's going.
Heaven help me. 


1 comment:

Cassie said...

We had a huge cardboard box that we drew on together, then cut a door and a couple windows in and it was a little house--the boys loved it, especially the door and feeling like it was their own place. We made drums out of old cocoa etc. cans and banged around.
There are some community centers around here where you can go, and the auditorium is set up with all sorts of playground-type toys, little trikes, etc. for kids to play on inside, and you pay like $1. There's also story time at libraries, mall play areas, fish at little aquariums in stores (since they're free there)...some things that probably exist in most places.
Let me know if you come up with more ideas!