Monday, October 31, 2011

Be gentle...


I have some "40 Dishes in 40 Days" posts to do but for now I want to share with you a beautiful post that I recently read.
It really made me think.
We often jump to conclusions about a person when we have no idea what they could be going through.
We all have our battles we fight that nobody else knows about.
Sometimes I wish that I could wear a sign saying, "I'm having a hard time, please be gentle with me."


Everyone needs a sign like this at one point or another.
We should keep that in mind when somebody is quiet or mean or just behaving differently than they normally would.
Maybe they need a little extra love today.

Click HERE to read the post.


4 comments:

rachel! said...

i love this. i need this right now.

ahs said...

that story made me cry. how true it is. the pure love of Christ is always being gentle. wish i could do better at this.

The Thomas Family said...

I LOVE this! What a good reminder!!

The Reed Family said...

i haven't even read the actual post and i am tearing up because it is so true. life is hard and a quote i stumbled upon recently so perfectly goes along with this..."be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato