Wednesday, October 19, 2011

40 Meals in 40 Days - Meals 2, 3 & 4


We've caught a bug.
It's so awful to see my littles sick.
I really hate it.

I have been working on my meal making, despite the fact that my boys can't hold anything down.

Here are a few of the meals that I have made since my last post.

Hawaiian Haystacks

I love Hawaiian Haystacks
And these were easy peasy, so that made me happy.
I made very little changes (I would never put cheese over mine, that would be a weird combination for me) and it was fantastic.

Breakfast! (Waffles, eggs, ham, fruit, whip cream... the works.)

These were great but I think I kinda screwed them up.
In this recipe you put in the yolks and egg whites separately,
whipping the egg whites and gently folding them in with the rest of the mixture at the end.
I think I was a little rough with my "folding" and it turned out too runny.
So I just added more whole wheat flour and they worked out fine.
I also added blueberries, I love blueberry waffles.  
P.S.. Have you read the anderson crew blog?  It's fabulous.

The Tomatillo soup I mentioned last week.

The soup was great.  I made a few changes (including extra lime and more jalapeno) and it was really yummy.
I absolutely love soup though, so I'm kinda partial.
I also used avocado pieces, green onion, and chips as the garnish on top.



I also made a really tasty tilapia dish that I will post about later when I am not so exhausted.
Here's to hoping my kids start feeling better soon.
We are all tired and so is our washing machine.
Watching movies and cuddling on the couch isn't too bad though.


No comments: