Sunday, August 7, 2011

This I Believe



Before my huge family reunion that was held recently my totally awesome sister decided it would be cool to put together a book of This I Believe essays written by my siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and everyone else who was willing.
(The idea was based on the This I Believe radio station that started in the 1950s. Super cool idea.)
She thought it would be neat to have a book full of things that we all believed in, not only for us to read today but for posterity.
So those that come after us can get a feel of who we were.
I sat down brainstorming about the things that I believe so I could pick one to write my essay on.
After a while I read through my list and realized that, if I died tomorrow, I would want my children to read what I had written on that scratch paper, 
this list of things that I believe with all my heart.


I believe…

I believe that fresh air is healing.

I believe that actions can only take you so far; faith will take you the rest of the way.

I believe that the best kind of friends are those that listen. 

I believe in Love.

I believe we have a Maker, a Heavenly Maker, who loves us more than we can comprehend.

I believe that laughter can help cure any emotional ailment.

I believe in the amazing impact a smile can have on anyone who is willing to accept it.

I believe in the power of prayer.

I believe that mothers can have more influence on their children than anyone their children will meet throughout their lives.

I believe in my mother and know that she has shaped me in the best kind of ways. That being said…

I believe that biting your nails is not that big of a deal.

I believe that we all need someone to hug us regularly.

I believe in service. There is no better way to live your life than to do so helping others.

I believe in exercise and living a healthy lifestyle.

I believe that the best kind of people are those that make sacrifices for those they love and those they don’t.

I believe in family.
 This I believe.


 

1 comment:

Shelby&BrandonOsmond said...

Chills up and down my arm. Great post Liz thanks. And your picture is ADORABLE! look at those kids and their outfits. Really cute.