Monday, August 15, 2011

My Baby is 2

One July night
Two years ago..
This little guy was born.


I remember the moment..
It felt like a bad dream I couldn't wake up from.
I was scared.
Just 25 weeks pregnant...
And shaking uncontrollably...
While my body was being cut open and my much-to-small infant was taken away, not breathing.
I was holding Davey's hand so tight and I didn't want him to leave me but at the same time I needed him to go.
I needed him to be there with our baby in case he lived for just a moment.  One of us needed to be there.


Fast Forward 2 years and our little one has beat so many odds.


We were told he might not do things that other kids do.


That he might have some serious motor issues.


They showed me a list full of serious health problems and rattled high percentages, telling us many of the things that 25-weekers usually have "wrong" with them.


So far, aside from being extremely stubborn and strong willed, his small size is the only thing that shows he was premature.


When I say "extremely stubborn and strong willed," I mean it.  He is the most stubborn child I have ever met.



And if there was a "stink-eye" competition, he would win. With flying colors.


He loves his big brother and follows him around all day.


He loves to cuddle with his monkey and any blanket he can get his hands on.


I am positive that he loves his "Bampa-Bob" more than he loves me.

He can say so many things and will say any word we ask him to, if he feels like it.


He loves to run through the sprinklers with his brother. And play in the dirt.


We love everything about our little Jimmy.


(To view a video of his first year of life go here)


6 comments:

Bella@Bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com said...

WOW, what amazing kiddos, and what a TRULY incredible journey your little guy has had. He was SOOOOO tiny, obviously, and look at him NOW. Unbelievable. I am so happy your family is well, and you captured your boys spirits so well, your photography is AMAZING.

Enjoy your day with your beautiful family, and SMILE, because your smile is pretty amazing TOO.

Hugs, Bella :)
**AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
**PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. All your party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome at my NEW party.

Nikki said...

so cute! I love the pictures. He is such a doll! I love him and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gives us tender mercies and miracle babies so that we can understand with deeper appreciation what life is really about. :)

Angel said...

I'm so glad he has come so far! I still remember constantly checking your blog to read about his progress. What a little miracle boy and so stinkin cute too! Happy birthday to Jimmy!

Amy said...

What a sweet post :). Such adorbale photos. Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Janelle said...

I can't believe how good he's doing for being born at 25 weeks. I have a friend who's baby was also born at 25 and has had a few more challenges. You are definitely blessed!
Such cute little boys!

Zachary said...

I loves these guys. Mason and Jimmy are my cousins but I never knew that Jimmy was born so prematurly and could have so many problems. What a blessing! I love mason and Jimmy so much!