Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Thief.. and a Recipe!

For those of you who like to blog, whether it's to share snippets of your life, photographs, recipes, or whatever else, this is what it's like to try and share these things when you have children...

Yummy, super easy, Shrimp Asparagus dish I wanted to share with you..

welcome sneaky little fingers..

 help yourself.





"Don't mind if I do!"

 Little stinker.

Here's the recipe for those interested:
(keep in mind.. I like to just throw everything in the pan so the amounts can vary)

Shrimp Asparagus

4 cloves of fresh garlic
( I am pretty much in love with fresh garlic so even though this might already seem like plenty to the average person, I usually use even more)
2 T. Butter
Shrimp 
(I use frozen pre-cooked shrimp and thaw it out under cold running water first)
Asparagus Bunch
(the thin asparagus is definitely the best in my opinion but the thick stuff would work too)
Lemon Pepper
Salt & Pepper
A fresh lemon

Chop fresh garlic into itsy bitsy pieces and break tough ends off of Asparagus, set both aside. Melt butter in a pan on the stove over medium/high heat (closer to medium).  Add chopped garlic.  Add asparagus and shrimp.  Sprinkle lemon pepper, salt and pepper over mixture (amount depends on your preference) and stir it all together.  Cover and cook for up to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(Keep an eye on the asparagus, if you like it more soft and tender, cook it longer, if you like it more crunchy, don't cook it as long.)
Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over it. (I LOVE lemon juice so I usually squeeze a TON over my own plate)

Enjoy! 


1 comment:

The Reed Family said...

you really can't be upset when he is stealing asparagus! hahaha so cute!!